Pelvic Health Physiotherapy
Leaking urine, pelvic pain, and feelings of pressure or heaviness are not normal and can be caused by pelvic floor dysfunction. Pelvic Health Physiotherapy is a specialized area of the physiotherapy practice. The overall goal is to optimize function of the pelvic floor muscles to help get you back to feeling like yourself again. As with any physiotherapy assessment, an objective exam involves examining the muscles causing dysfunction… YES, this may include an external and internal pelvic exam BUT ultimately will be decided between you and the treating therapist.
Pelvic Health Physiotherapy can help you with:
- Urinary incontinence (leakage)
- Bowel incontinence (leakage)
- Pelvic pain
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Prenatal or Perinatal
- Low back pain and/or hip pain
- Painful or difficult intercourse
Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy at Ascent
- Comprehensive assessment that examines muscle function, bowel/bladder habits, diet, posture, and body mechanics
- Education about the pelvic floor and other contributing factors
- Hands on therapy that could include: massage, stretching, needling, and more
- Muscle stimulation
- Home exercise program that is easy to follow and tailored to your individual goals
Wondering if Pelvic Health Physiotherapy at Ascent is right for you?
Our physiotherapist, Helen, is specially trained in the field of Pelvic Health Physiotherapy. She understands that Pelvic Health is a sensitive area and one of her main goals is to make you feel at ease throughout your session. Whether you want to be proactive during your pregnancy, are a runner that suffers from leakage, or struggling with pelvic pain postpartum, Helen is here to help. She would be happy to provide a brief consultation over the phone, video chat, or e-mail to answer any questions you may have prior to booking an appointment.